Monday, June 21, 2010

Putting This Out There...

To make myself accountable, I decided that I'd put this out for all to read. I started the program "Couch to 5K" today. I have no intentions of being a lifetime runner or anything. In fact, I hate running. I decided to start it because I've known several people who have done it or are doing it. You start out pretty easy (or so I thought). When I looked at the website before the 60 seconds of jogging didn't seem hard at all. Once I started, I realized it was a little more difficult that it seemed. I finished the week 1 day 1 and felt really good (after a shower). I'm excited to build up to something. The week 3 of jogging 3 minutes at one time freaks me out a little bit, but I'll either get there or someone will have to come and save me. The reason I decided to start the program is to get into better shape. If I am able to lose weight in the process then that will be an added bonus.

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I commend you...good luck!!

Unknown said...

YAY! I am on week 3 day 2 tomrrow morning. Good luck!