Monday, October 26, 2009

Sick Day...

I'm home today with my little snuggle buddy. Aside from the fact that she has a terrible couch every night for the past few days and her nose is running like crazy, I'm home because of her head. My little girl brought home ring worm from the baby sitter's house back at the end of August. It started with a little spot on her belly. We treated with OTC anti-fungal cream that was recommended by the pharmacist. After the spot went away I kept treating if for several days when a spot on her ankle showed up. I've been treating that area for a couple of weeks and it is almost completely gone. Well, on Saturday after her nap I was getting ready to fix her hair when I noticed small spots behind both of her ears. (I'm still not convinced that they are ring worm, but we'll let the doctor decide. I've been putting cream on the anyway.) She also had a balk spot close to her neck. That freaked me out beyond belief. So, I'm home today to take "Wormy" (as her dad has started calling her) to the doctor. I'm hoping that they'll be able to give me some oral medication because putting the cream in her hair everyday drives her crazy and then she starts touching it. Wish me luck.

P.S. I've also told Gail that when she gets older I will be telling her about the "Wormy" name.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Let us know what the doctor finds out......by the way my dad calls me wormy.....it is not all that bad....mine is just because I cannot sit still:)

Corin said...

Hope she's feeling better and you get some good answers today.

Diane Melvin said...

She got some oral medicine that has to take for 6 weeks. Hopefully she'll get over it quickly!!