Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another First...

Last night was another first for Lydia, and probably the one I've most been dreading. My daughter is a wonderful sleeper at night. To bed at 7:30, up and 6:30, and not to bad of a morning person. However, she has to sleep with her pacifier. She wants it right when she crawls into bed. We give it to her and she's off to night night land. I thought it was going to be terrible when we actually did take it away. I've been telling her that at Christmas we are going to give them all to Baby Hannah (our new little cousin) and that we won't have then anymore. She shakes her head in agreement, but doesn't actually understand what I am talking about. Yes, I know she's almost 2 and a half years old and doesn't need to anymore, but she likes it. And who and I kidding, it helps her go to sleep so I like it just as much. Well, last night I just did it. She started asking for her pacifier and I told her we didn't have anymore. After telling her this for awhile and her asking for it again I just told her that Annie (one of our dogs) ate it. She looked at Annie and then asked me for a new one. I told her Annie had gotten in the cabinet and had eaten all of the of pacifiers. She really gave Annie a chewing and then went right off to night night land. No crying, no screaming, no tossing herself about... just went to sleep and slept all night long. I don't know what I was so afraid of. Hopefully it will stay this way.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Missy said...

Wow...go Lydia! :) She's getting to be such a big girl!

Andrea Frederick said...

I'm so glad it went well...Emma gave her pacis to Santa right before she turned 2. Way to go Lydia!

Bree Shaw said...

woo hoo! i think it was probably harder for you you than it was her.