Thursday, December 3, 2009

Update...

Things around our household are looking much better than a few weeks ago. Lydia's ring worm spots are practically all gone. You can still kind of see 2 of them, but much better than the 11 we did have. Her hair is also growing back in her bald spot. Gail's job is still going fine. They are expecting them to be back to 5 days a week by the first of the year. He has been working only 4 days since last spring or before. He's picked up several car jobs to work on also. He just worked on some one's transmission this week. Another guy is to be bringing two vehicles this weekend for him to put new brakes on. If anyone needs cheap car repair, give us a call. My job is good. I still get stressed out at time, feel like crawling under my desk for a good cry, and pulling my hair out. However, problems are slowly getting better. I'm looking forward to Christmas break like a kid on Christmas Eve. At home all the decorations are up, gifts are wrapped and under the tree, and I'm managing to keep up on most of the house work. If the wood stove weren't so darn dirty I'd been really good. When I figure all the money it saves us and how warm our house is, I feel much better about sweeping and moping the mess almost daily. On a random side note, I want to start a Christmas Eve tradition for our family. I want to do things like the living nativity, CE services, and other things that we can turn into tradition. What are the things that you do with your families for the traditions?

2 comments:

Missy said...

We unwrap Christmas pj's on Christmas Eve. I also like to attend the 11:00 service at church that night. We always have monkey bread and rice pudding for breakfast on Christmas morning. I'm sure there's more, but that's the start of it! :)

Diane Melvin said...

I looked on some websites and found that some people have a big fany supper that night. I'm thinking of the Christmas story, services somewhere, and a special breakfast. Lydia gets new jammies also, I forgot. I read somewhere a long time ago that they do that so that in Christmas pictures, the kids look nice.