Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back Into the Swing of Things...

It has taken a couple of weeks, but I've finally gotten back into the swing of things. The first week back to school (although it was only 3 days) was very straining. My yard and house work went to pot. The second week was better. That week I basically just got the yard mowed. It took for almost 7 hours and 2 days after school to get it done. This week, my yard still looks good, my house is getting cleaned, the laundry is washed (1 load is still in the dryer), and I've been pretty good at getting the dishes washed. I would complain at this point about not having a dishwasher, but I haven't had a dishwasher since I lived with my parents so I don't really miss it.

Lydia has finally gotten back into her routine also. We've had a few rough mornings, but overall pretty good. She will be starting Awana next week. I'm a little nervous about her starting because this will be her first "thing". She's not big on strangers unless Gail or I are around, and even then she really won't talk. I know that once she gets going she'll be fine and it will be good for her in many ways. She's grow socially and also learn about God. I'm also looking forward to the time when I can get things done around the house (quickly) so that we can enjoy our time together.

Gail had his yearly "August trip to the ER". It happens every August. This year he hit his hand on a table at work just kidding around and it started swelling and turning colors. He had apparently broken his hand a few weeks prior without knowing it. When he hit his hand he rebroke it. It was the 2 year anniversary of his horse accident. Next August 17, he's staying in the house!!

Until next time...

No comments: