Thursday, January 13, 2011

Halloween...

Halloween was fun for us this year. She actually kind of understood the whole concept of going house to house all dressed up. Oh, and she LOVED the candy part. We started with Trunk of Treat at the Lancaster Christian Church for Awana. She had a blast. The theme was Cowboy/Cowgirl. My mother-in-law and I bought candy and had a station. We had a lot of fun watching all the little kiddos go around. I hope that we are able to do it again next year.



Here is Lydia in her cowgirl outfit: western shirt, pink books, pink belt, pink bandanna, pink hat with sequin headband around it, and pig tails.


She's all ready to go!
For Halloween she wanted to be Cinderella. Wal-Mart had these adorable costumes in her size for $20, but I couldn't bring myself to get it. She already had 2 Cinderella dress up dresses at home (which is where the other on would have gone afterwards). So she picked one out and I got it cleaned up (sewed some tears) and that was it. I put real make up on her for the first time and curled her hair.


Look at those eyes!!


Here you can see the dress. By the way, this is the smile I always get when she is DONE with pictures and wants to do something else. It's what she does when she hears, "Come on, just one more big smile."

They lasted for about an hour - if that.



This was the finished Cinderella - My Beautiful Little Princess. Gail doesn't like this picture because it makes her look so much older. I don't think he even wants to think about that stage of her life yet.

No comments: