Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things...

I honestly have to say that this has been the BEST summer of my life. I have gotten to spend everyday all day with my little girl. I never knew life could be this wonderful. Some days we would spend all day in our jammies (shh, don't tell anyone). We danced, played, swam, colored, cooked, sang, and just sat around and talked to each other. We also made Lydia's first trip to the library.

It makes me sad that I will soon have to get back to work. I have really dreaded going back to work for several reasons. First of all, having to leave Lydia at the sitters again breaks my heart. The sitter is great and Lydia really likes her, but I just enjoy spending all day with her. Second, all the crap that goes with getting a classroom ready for the school year. The cleaning and unpacking is 100 times worse this year because our classrooms got new carpet. (Which is wonderful by the way.) However, everything we had to do to get ready for the carpet and put back afterwards really stinks. Third, I have to get up and actually get dressed in the mornings. I love comfy clothing and really hate to give up lounging around all day. I guess that is part of being a grown up.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

Amen to all of that!!! I am so happy for you that you had such a great summer. Lydia is at such a fun age and is such a great little girl!

See you very soon! (and I guess we WILl have to get dressed, dernit. Wouldn't it be nice if they decided to have school in our PJ's everyday? That would be heaven)

:-) Me

Rebecca said...

This is a great post! I love reading about your family and how much you love being a mom.

And believe me, I so understand the getting the room ready part. ugh.