Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Blame Nichole, Nicole, and Missy...

Background: A few days ago three good friends of mine (listed above) had a play/work avoiding date at the park. We sat around and visited, played with our children, and spent some time in the wading pool. It was a very relaxing and fun day. One of the topics of conversation that day was vomiting and spitting up as babies. I had said that Lydia usually spit up a little, but has only had two projectile vomiting experiences. One was when she has a really bad cold with a lot of drainage. Went all over me. Number two was over my spring break from work. She had diarrhea all week and vomited once. Again, all over me. I am convinced that that conversation jinked me.

Fast forward to last night: I had fixed tuna noodle casserole for supper last night for the first time and Lydia loved it. She ate, had a bath, played, has her night bottle, and was in bed by 8:00. This has been our routine almost since she was born. Last night I headed to be at 10:15 after checking on Lydia. She was half awake so I gave her her pacifier and tucked her in again. No more had my butt hit the bed when Lydia coughed. For some reason I ran into her room to find her laying in tuna noodle casserole and milk - YUCK!! I had Gail come in and help me. She was pale and shaking (temp was 100). We cleaned her up and he took her to bed with him while I cleaned up her bed. After finishing, I went in to get her to put her back to bed, but I just couldn't' do it. She looked terrible. So for the first time ever, she slept with us all night. I now remember why I never wanted to start that habit. Gail slept, she slept on me, and my back cramped unable to move without waking her up. She slept for a little while and then got sick again. Slept, sick, slept, sick. FOUR TIMES!!! I was a long sleepless night.

This morning she seems like she is feeling better. She still had a temp of 99.4. Hopefully we won't have any repeats of last night.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh Diane!!!! :( I'm soooo sorry that Lydia is sick!!!! :( I hate when they are sick like that...poor girl! And poor you! I will see you in the morning and I hope that she's feeling tons better and that you get some great sleep tonight!