Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When is it Going to Happen Already?

Knock on wood - things seem to be going well for me. Therefore I know that the chaos is right around the corner. First off, returning to school this year has been like no other. The school decided to replace the carpet in several classrooms (including mine) this summer. Although having to move EVERYTHING out of the classrooms and then move EVERYTHING back in, it hasn't been too bad. I grabbed a couple of high school football players to help move furniture back into the classroom and my sister went in for a few hours one day and really helped me get some things done. I've only been in to school three days, but I feel more ready that normal. It could be one of three things.

1. I'm really fooling myself and things are no where near ready.
2. I'm just really that good.
3. I've had such as great summer with Lydia that I could care less if it gets ready or not.

Or maybe a combination of all three. I guess I'll find out when the kids come back.

On the home front things are good. Lydia and I have had so much fun the past month and I have really seen some changes in her. She is much better at coming down steps. Not a single fall so far this week. She is also saying several new words. I can't believe how much she has grown and how funny she is. I've gotten back into my cleaning routine. I had a cleaning schedule that I started after Lydia was born because I felt like I couldn't keep my house as clean as before. A friend of mine told me about flylady.com - a cleaning schedule website. I looked it over, changed my schedule a little bit, and now I almost constantly have a clean house. I even clean my outlet covers. Sad isn't it. However, I have anxiety about a dirty cluttered house. I can't relax or sleep unless my house is in order.

Now I'm just counting down the days until I have to return to school and get my bubble burst about how ready I am for it. I'll keep you updated.

Until next time...

No comments: