Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crazy Thursday...

Background Information:

My baby sitter's daughter got sent home from school on Tuesday with pink eye. Therefore, on Wednesday I had to use my back up sitter - my friend Courtney. When I got to Courtney's house Wednesday afternoon to pick Lydia up she told me that her daughter, Karlee, had been getting sick that day.

On To Today:

I took Lydia to the sitters as normal. I got about 5 miles away and she called me that her son had woke up with pink eye. (More background info: Lydia had pink eye a few week ago and putting those drops in her eyes was like trying to get blood from a turnip. It took Gail and I both to hold her down.) I didn't to deal with the eye drops again so my main concern was getting her picked up QUICKLY!!! I called Courtney not know that she had been up all night with two sick kids and was sick herself. So I quickly call my school and told them I needed a sub for the day. Lydia and I still had to make it to Kirksville to make lesson plans. On the trip Lydia got sick in the back seat - MILK - STINKY!!! We got into the school and changed her clothes, got plans made, and got home. I got an appointment for myself because my throat has been hurting for several weeks. While there I had to check Lydia out as well. We both got prescriptions and flu shots. Back to Kirksville for the meds and back home by 1:00. What a day off!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a normal day with no sickness and no emergency phone calls.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Whew....what happened to rocking on sick days?

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

what a bummer! hope you both get to feeling better! (and that your arms aren't sore from your flu shots--mine was!)

Bree Shaw said...

that stinks! i hope all is better today. are you going to be able to make it to my party tonight? hope so!

Diane Melvin said...

Bree, I'm not going to be able to make it - although I would really like to. There is a basketball game and I have to watch Darla's to kids. Hopefully next time.