Thursday, March 5, 2009

Frustrated...

Why did I get to be one of the "lucky" ones to have my car hit? This is the most frustrating thing I've ever had to do. I first thought that the insurance company we were having to deal with was really good. They called me quickly, got the adjuster right way, and things were moving right along. Today the adjuster called to tell me that my car wasn't totaled - YEAH!!! He also told me that I could get a rental car for 10 days and after that I would have to pay $25 per day. Two other people in the room heard him say this to me. The body shop where we are taking my car can't even starting on it for 12 days that I wasn't going to work. I called the adjuster back and told me to just put a light in because that was the only thing bothering me. I also told him that my trunk wouldn't latch so that was more of a bother to me. To that he replied that I should just duct tape it!!! He finally said I could have the car for 16 days (how nice of him). Did I also tell you that he speaks to me like I'm a stupid 5 year old? Later in the day I heard from one of the other ladies involved that he had been complaining about me to her because I had said we could only have the rental car for 10 days (which is what he had told me). That was the final straw for me. I called and left him a message that either I was a liar of just completely misunderstood what he had told me first thing this morning on the phone, but that he needed to call me back. About an hour later he called me (FYI to all men reading this - don't put off a very upset woman because it only makes her angrier). I started out by asked him if did or did not tell me that I could only have the rental car for 10 days and he LIED!! "I never told you that. You can have the rental car for as long as it takes to get your car repaired," he said. Then I snapped. I started to tell him what he had actually told me that morning and he kept interrupting me (again wrong thing to do). After several minutes I said, "Fine, let's just call that a misunderstanding then. The thing I'm really upset about is that you went and talked about me to the other ladies." Then he said he never did that. "Is she a liar then?" I asked him. He never really answered my question. He went straight into the "this is he said she said" stuff and that he wasn't going to get involved. After several minutes of that I told him that I knew what he had told me that morning, I knew he had talked about me to the other ladies, and that he was the most unprofessional insurance person I had ever had to deal with in my life. Then I hung up on him. I'm seriously considering calling or writing a letter to the Missouri State Insurance Commissioner. What do you think? FYI - My rental car is a black PT Cruiser. It has to be the most uncomfortable car I've ever been in.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

that sucks! so is it the adjuster that lied to you or your insurance man? how unproffesional. hope you get your car back in no time.

Diane Melvin said...

The adjuster from Shelter Insurance.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I would def. report it to someone higher up.

Nicole said...

I would DEFINITELY report it to someone...that has got to be the most unprofessional thing for him to ever do...and the most frustrating for you. I would not hesitate and I sure hope that he learns that he can't talk to you that way! Hope you are having a good rest of your Spring Break!!!!!