Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Strange Day...




Today has to be the strangest day of all time. To start off with I over slept. Yesterday I had a faculty meeting at 7:00 a.m. so I had to get up at 5:30. Stupid me last night when changing my alarm back changed it to 6:30 instead of 6:00 - WOOOPS!! That allowed 15 minutes to get myself and Lydia ready and out the door. It's a good thing today was hat day at school. After I left the house things seemed to be going normally. Got Lydia dropped off on time, stopped for my daily fountain soda from Casey's, and got to school right on time. I had been in my room for about 15 minutes getting ready for the day when I hear people in the hallway starting taking about an accident. Then I head those dreaded words "Diane's car was hit too." It didn't sink in at first until a co-worker popped her head into my room and said that my car had been hit. I ran outside to find my car was not only hit, but had been moved several feet to the side missing the SUV next to be by about a foot. TheSUV beside me was scratched down the back. I then look over and see the vehicle that had hit me had also hit a huge black surbaban and moved it about 8 or 9 feet into a minivan. That minivan had been moved several feet into another minivan. If your keeping count that is 5 cars total. Yes, 5 parked cars got hit in a parking lot by another car. Can you say weird. We took some pictures which I'll post for your viewing pleasure. I'm afraid that my car is going to be totaled. We got an extimate tonight after school for $1980. The place where we got our estimate from thought my car would be worth about $2400 and my insurance agent thought about $3000. I hope they are right so that it won't be totaled out. We had the insurance adjuster look at it, but he wouldn't give his opinion on being totaled. Right now we just can't afford to get a differnet vehicle. We just bought several more cattle and the tractor and just can't do it. Keep praying that it won't be.






Until next time...

5 comments:

Cindy said...

so enquiring minds want to know what the driver of the vehicle that caused all this damage was doing.....that is quite a task to take out 5 vehicles....i saw you guys talking to the insurance guy and saw your car....thought maybe you just got a little wild with your driving...LOL!

Bree Shaw said...

omg! glad you weren't in it. i am like cindy... how in the world could someone hit 5 parked cars? hope today is a better day than yesterday:) if it helps, i have your bunco shirt!

Diane Melvin said...

Apparently he was looking for his cell phone. Darn things!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Oh, Diane, I'm so sorry. What a bizarre way to begin your day (and annoying). Glad that you are okay.

Andrea Frederick said...

At least spring break is around the corner:)! I hope things turn out for the best.