Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend...

Our family had a wonderful Easter weekend. On Thursday night I did all of the house cleaning so it would be out of the way. Then Friday morning Lydia, Hayden, Claudia, Darla, and I went to Ottumwa grocery shopping. That afternoon Lydia spent at Darla's house with kids and I went over to Memphis to help my mom with some things. On Saturday we were invited to an Easter party at Ann Dixon's house. Lydia got to have a special lunch, hunt for eggs, and make some Easter ornaments. Then we had to rush back to Lancaster for a double birthday party. On the way there I stopped by home to get the birthday gifts and the new bull that we bought was delivered. Then over to the party. Colin turned 10 and Ashley turned 18. Cheryl and Lindsay came up from Columbia along with Lindsay's nurse, Sunday. We had a yummy lunch, cake, ice cream, and another egg hunt. By this time Lydia was a pro egg huntress. We stayed for supper and then went home. On Sunday we got up early to see what the Easter Bunny had left for Lydia. She got a basket full of candy, new flip flops, necklaces, and a little kids card table with chairs. Then we got around and went to the Lancaster Christian Church. It was only the second or third service I'd been to there, but I really enjoyed it. Lydia LOVED the music. She was head banging at one point. After church we went home for our Easter egg hunt. I'd hidden eggs and candy all over the living room. In my mind I had pictured Lydia getting all excited about the candy and eggs everywhere, but no. She got excited about the candy and picked up one piece to eat. That was it. She just wanted to eat the ONE piece of candy. We had to really work with her to pick up everyone else. Eventually we just picked it up ourselves. Afterwards, we ate our Easter dinner (Casey's pizza) and all played and took naps. Monday I watched Hayden and Claudia for a while, cleaned out Lydia's closet of winter clothing, and washed all the summer clothing. She can wear 2 or 3 different outfits a day from now until September and probably never repeat any. I also had to put away her 18 months jeans that were getting too short. :( She is officially in 2T jeans, but still wearing 12-18 months in everything else. She just TOO tall. I wonder where she gets that from?? I'll post pics of our Easter weekend later.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Corin said...

I think Casey's pizza sounds like a really good Easter meal.
Levi has the opposite problem with his pants, there all to long for him. He has such short little legs and a really long torso.

Andrea Frederick said...

Great recap, glad you guys had such a fun time!