Thursday, April 30, 2009

"I Can Dress Myself, Mom"...

That was the thought running through Lydia's mind this morning. I got the child's pants (navy blue cotton) on, but she did not want me anywhere near her with the shirt. I guess I picked out the right shirt for her today because it said "Trouble Maker" on it. I finally got it on, but she refused to wear her tennis shoes. Opting instead for her black and brown cowboy boots which go so well with navy blue knit pants. She was proud of herself. I guess she's getting to the point where she wants a say in what she wears. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of her. Enjoy...

So proud of her outfit.

Don't the colors go nicely together.


She's usually good about getting her shoes on the right feet, but this morning they were wrong.

Here are some other pictures to enjoy...

This is what lives across the road from my house sometimes.

This is Lydia they day we decided to stay in our jammies all day.

I love her little pink piggy house slippers. She likes them too because she can get them on and off by herself.

I knew she didn't feel well this day when she crawled up in our bed and took a 2 hour nap.

Charlie (brown dog) and Annie (black dog) took a nap with her.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

teehee!! Love it!! I look forward to many more of these types of pictures in the next several years!! :-)

Bree Shaw said...

bronson was and still is the same way. he wanted to dress himself and didn't give a hoot whether they matched or not. what am i saying past tense for??? he is still the same way. we used to fight about it everytime he got dressed and finally now i am just like "who cares"! he is still cute whether he matches or not!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

oh she IS proud! glad you let her have her say...that's a good mama who lets her baby walk out of the house mismatched!

Nicole said...

LOVE THE PICTURES!!!!! :) Absolutely love this phase they go through! :) So unbelievably sweet! Thank you for sharing!