Friday, April 24, 2009

One Crazy Week...

You know those weeks you have when everyday seems like the next. My Monday felt like Monday, Tuesday felt like Wednesday, Wednesday felt like Thursday, Thursday felt like Friday, and here it is Friday any my body is telling me that I should be at home.

To start my week off Lydia had been getting a cold for a few weeks that kept getting worse and worse. My theory is to try to help them get over it on their own before going to the doctor. I also don't want the doctors thinking I run to them every time she has something. However, my theory ended Lydia up with a 100.6 fever on Sunday and 101.7 on Monday so I took half of Tuesday off to go to the doctor. She ended up having a sinus infection and a LOT of drainage. The 2 hour trip to the pharmacy was a disaster. I knew the pharmacy took awhile to fill prescriptions so we went to visit my mom at school first to kill some time. When I got there it still wasn't ready. Lydia kept taking things off the shelf and shaking them to see if they made noise, kept touching EVERYTHING, and I had to use the restroom. I was told the restroom was private - CRAP!! About 10 minutes later Lydia vomited all over herself and I go to use that "private" bathroom anyway - Thanks kiddo!!

I have also been getting my house "ready" for a party Darla and I are having tonight. I'm the type of person to not put something off until the last minute, but cleaning has to be last minute or it becomes a redo minute. Which one am I? The redo minute. I've cleaned all week just to turn around and clean all over again. What a vicious cycle! All the while I feel that I'm wasting my time because no one will come anyway. I always talk myself out of having parties because no one ever come, but Darla talked me into this one. I guess it isn't that bad after all because I'll have a really clean house before the weekend starts and Gail even helped by putting on our new front screen door. The last one got damaged in a wind storm earlier this year. The new screen door is the most amazing thing ever. Like a magic trick. If you come to the party I'll show you.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i got your invite, but we had plans already tonight. sounds like a dipacious (if that is even a word) time! hope lydia is feeling on the up and up!

Diane Melvin said...

Thanks, Bree. I hope it is fun.