Friday, July 3, 2009

First Few Days of Vacation...

Lydia and I have been enjoying the first few days of summer vacation. Gail has been off also, but he is too busy trying to get the hay done so it's been just us girls. Wednesday (Lydia's birthday) we went to the Schuyler Co. Library for her first story hour. She got to color a bunny, make a pin wheel, and listened to stories. She loved the coloring, but not the listening to stories. She likes to pretend to read them herself and doesn't even like for me to read to her. Afterwards, we went to Memphis to eat lunch with my mother, sister, sister-in-laws, and their kids. It was my mom's first day of full retirement so we celebrated. That night we had her special spaghetti dinner. We did it last year and I think it will be a tradition. Thursday we took Claudia and went to the Adair Co. Library for their story in the park. The theme was Moving' and Groovin'. Claudia and Lydia just sat, but it was a nice day to be outside and get some fresh air. On the way home we stopped at the Greentop roadside park for a picnic then came home and took naps. I hope the rest of the summer is as enjoyable and fun.

All ready for story hour.
Coloring her pin wheel.


The bluish bunny is Lydia's. Claudia made the other one.

I won this for Lydia out of one of those claw video game things. It look me four tries but I was determined to get something for her for her birthday.

The two of us on hehr birthday.
Spaghetti dinner.

Yummy!

Picnic in the park.

I thought this picture was just cute.

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

i love the last one too. hope she had a great birthday!