Sunday, July 19, 2009

Update on Us...

Not much has been going on with us since summer started. We've been going to the library in Lancaster for story hour every week. Lydia really likes the crafts and sometimes listens to the stories. Other than that we haven't been doing much. I organized my photos to make it easier to start scrap booking (now I just need to start). I have 2 other big goals for the summer besides just the basic cleaning.

One is it organize the basement kitchen cabinets. Yes, our house has 2 full working kitchens. Some may find it weird, but it is actually very useful. The fridge in the basement come in really handy to store things in. Currently I think there are potatoes, 10 bricks for Velveeta (great sale), flour, sugar, and Gatorade. The freezer part is full of berries and peaches that I have ready for pies. The stove and oven down there are really handy also. The upstairs oven is a wall unit and a counter top stove. I would never recommend it to anyone. The oven is smaller than average so some pans won't fit. Therefore we end up using the one in the basement. I also do my canning down there. It keeps the extra heat downstairs and all of the canning stuff is down there. I use the cabinets to store the canned jars as well as extra food. When I go to Aldis I get an entire flat of each vegetable, put a few cans upstairs and the rest to the basement. It's wonderful. The cabinets also have all of the "stuff" that didn't have a place to go when we moved in. So this summer (before I start canning) I need to organize (toss mostly) the contents.

The second big job is to clean out the garage. We normally don't put the garage doors down so when someone drives by the dust from the road floats right it. Leave also blow in. Along with the basic clutter that needs to be thrown away and you have a very dirty garage. Someday while Lydia is asleep I'm going to take on that task.

I'll let you know when I get these down. What are your cleaning/organizing plans?

No comments: