Thursday, May 22, 2008

It is finally over...

At times I couldn't wait for the end of the school year. Either a rough day at school or realizing how much Lydia was changing made me wish that I could stay home. Now that it is here, I'm going to miss my class. Don't get me wrong, there are some student's attitudes that I won't miss, but I will miss the student. I got beautiful flowers and letters today that got me a little teary. At this age they can be so sweet and caring. I think they start to appreciate what other people do for them.

Now I am looking forward to all of the things I'll get to do with Lydia. I'm teaching summer school, of course, but no after school program. I'll be able to go right home and play, go for walks, and swim. Oh, I can't wait. We have a week off before summer school starts and a TON of other activities coming up in the next few weeks. We have birthday parties, class reunions, family reunions, family visitors, friends to go and visit. Truly a busy summer. Before having Lydia I don't remember being this busy. Maybe it just seems that we are busier because we can't just get in the car and go somewhere. It is actually has to be planned around a feeding and napping schedule, pack for anything, and worry about getting home late. Oh, the joys of parenthood. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

I hope all the teachers have a wonderful summer vacation and enjoy the time off.

Until next time...

No comments: