Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Let's try this again...

Ok, I started a blog once before, but I wasn't faithful to it at all. I guess I was just too busy with teaching, taking care of Lydia, and life in general. Not that things are calming down a little bit I'll try again.

Lydia is growing by leaps and bounds. It is hard to believe that she was once the little helpless babies that I see people with. She started crawling at 6 months, and now at 10 months she is starting to WALK!!! And both times is has been an "all at once" experience. She took her first step on April 19 (Gail's birthday) and just a few weeks later she was taking 3 and 4 steps. Now she is making it clear across a room before either falling down or reaching her destination. Here come the cuts and bruises from falling down.

On the home front we have been really busy. We had a flooded basement in March and are still trying to get the bathroom remodeled. It is a slow process with everything else going on. With the warm weather starting we have to get our cows turned out into the pasture. We are renting some pasture land this year and have been working on building and repairing fence over there. We are almost ready to take the cows there, YEAH!!! That means no more high water bills. I can hardly wait. I'm also trying to get the outside of the house cleaned up. Lydia and I planted some flowers last night on the front porch. They look pretty, but we need more. Hopefully soon we'll get it all finished.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Missy said...

Welcome back to blogger! I love the new colors....Keep posting!