Saturday, May 17, 2008

Too good to be true...

So Gail and I got our "stimulus" check yesterday. Not very stimulating. I understood the situation to be that all adults would get $600 and children would get $300. However, that was too good to be true. We didn't even get the $1200 for ourselves. Other people I've talking to did get the $600 and $300, so why didn't we. Obviously this was upsetting when we were expecting the whole amount. Leave it to the government to tell one thing and do another. Why are we surprised?

On a better note, I was able to get my flowers all planted today and they look beautiful. I love all the color they add to my house. If I get around to it I'll take some pictures and post them. We also got most of the garden planted. We'll have some wildflowers, green beans, corn, and pumpkins. Still need to get some tomatoes and green peppers. In a few weeks we are planting more beans and corn so it will last all summer. We can never get pumpkins to grow very well, but we are hopeful this year to get some to carve with Lydia for Halloween.

Lydia has gotten her fourth tooth this weekend. They are all on the bottom. Starting to look a little funny with no top teeth, but I guess they will come in soon enough.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Missy said...

I want to see pictures! Of the teeth and the house....Oh wait, I just need to get over there and see it! 1 more week, and I'll have all the time in the world to swing by!!! :)