Monday, May 19, 2008

Not a good weekend...

I called our accountant about our stimulus check. It was the correct amount. The government didn't explain themselves very well when they announced the whole stimulus thing. Oh well, we just have to deal with it.

On a worse note, we have a water leak in our yard. Gail and I noticed that the side yard was a little wetter that usual, but chalked it up to the "flood" we had in the basement in March and all the rain we have been getting. However, it keeps getting worse not better. When I mowed the yard on Sunday I spun in all the mud. Now we have to call and get the utility lines marked so we can start digging and find the leak. Hopefully not a big deal. Although the ground is pretty soggy. "The flood" happened in early March. Gail called my cell phone while I was a work and told me that we had a *&#@$%* problem. I thought our German Shepherd had torn something up. I called him back to find out there was 4-5 inches of water in our basement. The basement that has furniture, carpet, a kitchen, washer and dryer, baby clothing, Christmas decorations, and a bathroom. All that went through my head was all the stuff that had gotten ruined. In the end, after many many hours of cleaning and having a professional cleaning company come and dry out the basement (Thanks Serve Pro) we have a new bathroom and everything else was OK. So that actually worked out. Hopefully the outside water leak will as well.

On a lighter note, there are only three days of school left, YEAH!!!

Until next time...

No comments: