Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Hiking for Hooters"

Today I participated in a 5K walk for Breast Cancer. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to complete it because I'm not in the best shape. Now I am completely thrilled with myself. Not only did I complete the 5K walk with my sister, but we were able to have a wonderful conversation along with way, finished in 4th and 5th place, and got a t-shirt also. The three people that finished ahead of us were training for a 10K Breast Cancer walk. The closest person to us was more than a block away. Several people didn't even finish.

Now on to the shirt. I was really excited to get a Breast Cancer shirt that I would be able to wear to school. However, that is not what I got. All of the shirts, along with the walks theme, was an owl wearing the pink ribbon and the saying "Hiking for Hooters". I don't think I will be wearing it to work anytime soon.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

And when I first read your title, I was confused why you were hiking for hookers!

Nichole Conner said...

Good for you Diane!! I am very impressed with you!!!

And as for Rebecca's comment, I think I just peed in my pants a little....OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!