Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update on my Mother...

Her tumor is cancer. It is a branch of the breast cancer that she had. Before they treated her breast cancer a few cancer cells went through her blood to her brain where they have been hiding out until now. It is a large tumor, but it is treatable. She is having another PET scan to be sure the cancer isn't anywhere else in her body. If it is only in her brain, she will start radiation on Wednesday and will continue it for 15 days. Then she will start some medication. It is elsewhere she will have the radiation and medication at the same time. Her doctor was pretty optimistic about it so it was a relief to us. She does have some limitations. She can't drive at all, can't work, and she isn't even to walk by herself without a walker. The area of her brain with the tumor controls her balance so the doctor said she could call easily. She isn't thrilled about those restrictions, but will have to obey or face the wrath of my sister and I. I will keep you updated on her progress. Thanks to all of you who have expressed your concerns through e-mails, calls, and prayers. It means a lot.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Wow...I would hate to feel the wrath of the Mohr girls! I wish your family luck and will definitely pray for your mom.

Nicole said...

Diane,

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers...if there is anything I can do, please let me know!

Nicole

The Richard Berg Family said...

Keeping your mom and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Your mom is a warrior! Shes lucky to have such a great family to get her through all of this.

Brie