Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Water Drama...

Gail and I have had nothing but drama the past year with water. Back in March I got a phone call from him while I was at after school. He told me that we had a problem. When he got home our finished basement was flooded with about 3 inches of water. We had a $1,000 deductible with our insurance that we weren't expecting so that sucked. Then later that spring the south side of our yard was STANDING in water. If you remember, we had a really wet spring so we really didn't think much of it. We couldn't read out meter either because it was always standing it water. I was estimating it high the entire winter and spring think that I may end up being ahead. Well in June when we were finally able to read it that hope fell to the ground like a ton of bricks!! My estimate was 55,000 gallons off. I still owed them $463!!! I figure that total I paid an average of $750 over the normal. I'll find out for sure when I go to do our taxes this weekend. That water lea, costs us for the bill and to have someone come out and dig the line to fix. The fixing was an extra $800. In September or October Gail go the brainy idea to use the scoop in the tractor to level out the dirt. He didn't see a pipe sticking up and broke the new water line. Today after school he called me and said that the water tank that was frozen last night now has water bubbling up for underneath it. Another freaking water leak!!! I'm so sick of water. I just figured up that we paid about $2550 extra just for water that we didn't even get to use. We watered our lawn and cleaned the basement carpet with it!!

5 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

bless your hearts...that bites!

Andrea Frederick said...

That is so frustrating! I was worried about that last night, when that hydrant was frozen. Good luck! I feel for you!

Nichole Conner said...

Oh Diane, I'm so sorry!!!! :(

Bree Shaw said...

that stinks!

Cindy said...

oh the joys of owning our own homes and the problems that come with them!