Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lydia's Room...

When Lydia was born I wasn't into all the pinks and girly stuff. I couldn't find bedding that I liked so we decided to go with a cowgirl farm theme. My mother-in-law had made this really cute blanket with barns, cowboys, cowgirls, boots, cactus, etc. all over it. I found some red bandanna material that I used for the changing table pad, curtains, and a bulletin board. The crib bumper was a black with white polka-dots. I hung a cowboy hat on the wall, some thin rope, a few pictures, a mirror, and some old looking lanterns. I loved it.

She still loves cows and playing outside on the farm, but she is turning into a little girly girl also. I decided to make her room a little more girly. I found some material at Wal-Mart that I fell in love with. It is pink and brown polka-dots. More girly girl that what we have now, but not all they way. I wanted to move her into the spare bedroom because it is a little bigger and paint it a light shade of pink. I had a beautiful picture in my head of what this all would look like. However, when I was talking to Gail about it he decided he didn't want to move her into the other room. "She likes her room", he said, "She knows it is her room and she'll get confused." So for now she stays in her room. Darla is going to go ahead and make the bedding, but I'm not going to paint. I did however find some really cute baskets that are pink, brown, and a creamy yellow (the current color of her room) at Dollar Tree of all places. So at least it all will go together. In a couple of years when little brother or sister comes along she'll get booted to the bigger room and Gail will have to paint it then. I guess that is one way to get out of painting duty. As soon as Darla gets the bedding done I'll post some pictures.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see pics! It sounds like it will all go together perfectly. Brown and blue and really "hot" right now.

Rebecca said...

Ummm, I meant pink and brown.

Bree Shaw said...

sounds cute! can't wait to see pics.