Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Catch Up...

This is going to be a catch up blog on what had been going on in our lives the past few days. I haven't even turned on my home computer since Saturday so I'm a little behind in what is going on. This weekend Gail's cousin came up for a visit and we were very busy. Friday night was my sister's Spring Concert at Schuyler High School. Instead of a formal concert where they perform on the floor and everyone sits in the gym seats she opted for a laid back concert. The students performed on half the gym, tables and chairs were set up in the rest of the gym, and the kids brought snack food for people to eat during the concert. Darla had asked me to help make sure there was enough food and drinks for everyone. However, instead of people "snacking" they decided to eat it as their meal. We barely had enough food and really could have used more. Then I stayed around and helped her clean up and put things away. I didn't get home until after 10:30. We made a quick trip to Memphis on Saturday morning to the bank and to see my mother and grandmother for Mother's Day. Lydia had fun playing with Papa and Great Grandma and Grandpa's dogs. That afternoon I spent mowing the yard. It took FOREVER!!! I loved Mother's Day. I think I have finally found a church that I like going to. They have an outstanding youth program, it isn't far from home, and I actually get something out of the sermons. This Sunday the sermon was on video and I still enjoyed it and Lydia was great. Give the girl some crayons and paper and you can entertain her for awhile. Monday was a busy day because we didn't have specials at school - this totally screws up the entire day. Then I went grocery shopping. Tuesday we had our class field trip to Jefferson City. You haven't lived until you spend 4 hours on a bus with 45 kids, tour the capital with 45 kids and not losing one (plus they were really quiet), and then go on a mile hike with 45 kids. And I have to admit that this year was one of my favorites for some reason. I wasn't stressed or crabby. Tuesday night we had a terrible supper. Gail grilled ribs that burnt to a crisp. He's usually a really good griller, but within 30 seconds while he was talking to Lydia through the window they flamed up and went to 700 degrees. The sweet corn (Lydia's first) was tough. The only good this was the homemade mac and cheese. I can make some killer mac and cheese. After the dishes were done, Lydia was bathed and put to bed, I folded up laundry. I hadn't folded up laundry to TWO WEEKS!!! The sad thing is that I wasn't running out of clothing. Lydia has just ran out of socks and Gail had been picking things out of the unfolded piles, but my closet was still going strong. I believe that is a sign that I have too many clothes.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

sound like you have been a busy little bee. glad you enjoyed church on sunday:)

Andrea Frederick said...

Wow, you have been busy. Question, Why didn't you have specials? That sounds like torture. I'm still laughing about your clothes predicament....oh well! It could be worse!

Diane Melvin said...

We have three field days at Ray Miller. One for third, fourth, and fifth grades since there are so many kids. On field days the specials teachers have to go to the field to help out so the rest of us don't have specials.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

that stinks to not have specials...giggling at your overflowing piles of clothes. i would have run out for sure!