Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Guess I'm a Believer Now...

I have always watched those shows where the woman is saying that she didn't know she was pregnant until she gave birth and I've always thought how. How could you carry a baby for nine months and not know? Well, my cousin was almost one of those women so I guess I'm a believer now. Paula, my cousin, has 3 daughters from a previous marriage (ages 18, 16, and 13 I think). She also has a 5 year old son with her husband now. Paula is 43 years old and hadn't had a period in over a year so she didn't even think she could get pregnant. However, she has gained a little weight but didn't think much of it because she had been dieting and usually gained a little back after she stopped the diet. What made her go to the doctor was she thought she felt a movement in her belly and started wondering. She went and they told her that she was pregnant and believed she was due on October. Don't ask me where they got the date because she hadn't cycled in so long. A few days later they did an ultrasound because of her age and found out that the baby is healthy, but that she is due on August. Six months pregnant and just found out. They are a little shocked but thrilled. They have picked the name Hannah Elizabeth Marie Montgomery. I can't wait to meet her.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

WOW! No time to turn back now :) ...

Bree Shaw said...

holy cow! i can't even imagine!

Corin said...

I so thought you were going to say you were pregnant. Now I'm slightly disappointed. It is an amazing story though.