Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a wonderful Easter this year. I spent Friday night and Saturday cleaning up my house and cooking up a storm because my family (minus my brother's family who already had plans) came to my house. Sunday morning Lydia woke up to see what the Easter Bunny had left in her basket. She got some candy, the new Chipmunks movie, gum, some Dora plates and bowls, a Dora container for snacks, and several games. My parents showed up about 8:30 and Mom helped me hide candy all over the living room, dining, and den. Lydia came out of her room and had fun picking up all of the goodies. Afterwards, we got around for church. Lydia was thrilled for Grandma and Papa to go to church with us because she was able to sit with them and Aunt Dee Dee. After church we all headed to my house for out yummy dinner. We had ham, deviled eggs, scalloped onions, mashed potatoes, gravy, cheesy cabbage casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, corn, pies, and strawberries. I get full again just thinking about it. After dinner Hayden, Claudia, and Lydia had to go play in Lydia's room while Darla and I hid eggs and candy all over the house again. They had a blast finding their eggs. They each had their own color or design to make for a not fighting egg hunt. Quickly after that Darla, Joe, and the kids had to leave and the rest of us settled down to watch "The Sqeakuel (sp)" and take a nap. It was a fun day. Pictures will be coming soon. I keep forgetting my camera cord.

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

i'm glad you had a great time! pictures....?