Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Year, New Toys, New Troubles

We started off the new year by purchasing a stock trailer. Our old one was in bed shape when we bought it, but replaced a lot of the metal and repainted it. We were kinda attached to the thing. However, it started getting flat tires EVERYTIME Gail used it. Even if he hauled a few sheep for his brother the tire would go flat. He couldn't figure out what the problem was, but decided it was time for a new one. Gail was really proud of this trailer.

My Grandpa Franklin died on January 2, 2010 on his 93rd birthday. The grandsons were to carry the casket the day of the funeral. My aunt decided that they should wear sweaters. Of the 6 grandsons only 3 had sweaters. Gail hasn't worn a sweater since she was a little kid so we had to borrow one from Joe. Gail was not happy that I took his picture, but it is the only time it will happen so I had to capture it.

When I clean I usually pile the toys on the table so I can vacuum. I turned around and Lydia was up there playing away. I grabbed the camera and then got her down and told her it is unsafe to be on the table.

Our kitchen water pipes froze in January. Gail got down in the crawl space to see if he could do anything and Lydia (Little Helper) had to check things out as well.


Our first snowman of the winter was built in January and melted the very next day. A short life he lived, but he was pretty cute. I had bought a snowman kit with came with the stuff you see and couldn't wait to use it.

We exchanged one of Lydia's Christmas gifts because she got doubles and got this tee ball set instead. She loves it and it quiet the little slugger. Yes, we let her use it in the house, but there isn't much that she can break.

Batter Up!

No comments: