Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Am I a Terrible Person? ...

I've been reading blogs written by several stay-at-home mothers from a city lately. It sort of makes me feel guilty. They talk about having their child with them all the time and they close bond they feel with their child. One blog stated that they had only left their child with other people 8 to 10 times in a year!!! I have a close bond with Lydia, but makes me feel like she is going to be a dysfunctional member of society because of her feelings of abandonment. I take her to the sitters almost every weekday. I have no other choice. To be honest, I don't think I could stay home all of the time. I need my time away from home, and I think she needs time away from me. In my opinion she needs to feel that she can trust and depend on other people to help her. I think it makes me a better mommy and she seems "normal" to me. Should I really be worried about not spending enough time with her? Do you think she is going to grow up to be a bad person? Am I alone in this?

Until next time...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You are not alone...she is wonderful! :) I know how you feel and don't worry...she will grow up to be a wonderful young lady who will make you very proud! :)

Missy said...

Of COURSE you are not a bad mommy! Lydia is going to be fine. Just remember, by working you are providing her the best of both worlds (crud, now I have that Miley Cyrus song is my head!!!) And giving her everything you can. Plus, with your job, you are very lucky to be able to spend more time with her than the average working mom.
And if all that didn't help, if you're going to "mommy heck" I'm going with you...nope, I'm leading you in!! :)
You're a great mom, Diane! :)