Sunday, June 29, 2008

I've Survived...

The Scotland County Relay for Life is officially over. The relay goal was $18,000, and at last count it was over $19,000. Our team , "Ropin' for a Cure" raised like $900 or something. Not bad for only doing stuff for the last couple of months. We did win the "Best Campsite" award. My sister called me at 4:30 while I was getting ready to walk out the door and told me that they needed more decorations. One team had a HUGE red airplane. (I didn't know at this point that none of the other teams were set up yet.) I went through my house and grabbed western stuff that we could take. My car and Gail's truck was filled with 2 rocking horses, 3 saddles, 1 saddle blanket, 2 Christmas trees (left decorated with a western theme from last winter), 2 pairs of chaps, a lasso, a large metal milk can with flowers in it, and a cowboy hat.

Now my focus is on to Lydia's birthday party. I've cleaned her bedroom, the spare bedroom, the bathroom, our room, the den, and I've finished cleaning out the flower beds. Now I need to focus on the living room, dining room, kitchen, and the basement. The basement has to wait until Gail finishes the back room from having the water line fixed. I was a little worried about making her birthday cake. It is important for me to make her birthday cakes (call me weird if you want). I have a picture in my mind of what I want it to look like and am worried about it not meeting my expectations. Some friends of ours stayed the weekend with us and she helped me make some of the decorations. I feel much better now. We went and bought some fireworks for her birthday party this weekend also. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Another good thing happening this week is the end of summer school. ONLY THREE DAYS LEFT!!!

No comments: