Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chaos in my life...

Look at those baby blues.

First Popsicle.


I like it when my life just goes along with no drama, chaos, or major problems. Well, so far this summer is hasn't happened. I know what you are going to say, "That's just life so you'd better get used to it". I know, I know. But I still don't like it.

Let's start off with Lydia. She has gotten Hand Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD) from Wal-Mart of all places. Go figure, the carts aren't clean. The one time she goes there are I didn't have my antibacterial wipes to wipe it down. I think she got it on Tuesday, June 11. That Thursday she has a low fever, Saturday she broke out in a rash on her arms, hands, feet, and legs. By Monday those little red spots had turned into small blisters. I think her case is a mild one because she doesn't seem to be in pain.

Next, Gail. He had to miss a day of work on Monday because he couldn't' even get out of bed. He had a BAD migraine that made him dizzy, sick to his stomach, and CRANKY!!!!!

On the farm. Genius Gail decided that he would try to put the saddle on one of our horses that isn't broke. Went pretty well while Rocket was standing still. When he went to walk however, the stirrups hit his side and he went CRAZY!!! He looked like a bucking horse at the rodeo. With all of this action, he ran into a gate and busted one of the stirrups off. That is going to cost a pretty penny to fix.

Speaking of fixing...we are still dealing with the water leak. The plumber has dug huge trench clear through the yard and can't find the old water pipe. That means it is under the blacktop driveway. We are going to have to dig up our nice blacktop drive. Not happy about that, but better than the water leak. I'm still paying on the water bill from last month.

School (work) is one drama story after another. People are on power trips (main source of drama). And that is all I should say on that matter although I could go on FOREVER!!!

Now, I'm trying to plan and prepare a birthday party for Lydia's first birthday. I have this beautiful cake and yummy meal all planned out in my head and I'm afraid that it won't go this way. I guess I'm putting to much pressure on myself. I just want the first birthday to go perfectly.







2 comments:

Missy said...

Beautiful pics!!! :0 I'm sorry life isn't fun right now. Is Gail feeling better?

Nicole said...

I love the pictures of Lydia!!!! I hope things start going a little smoother for you! Let me know if there is anything I can do!!!!