Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Bit of Good News...

Drying off after an afternoon of swimming.

Playing at Grandma Mary's house. (That is our horse that caused my saddle situation in the background).




Making a FUNNY face. I think it is too cute.


With all the "stuff" and "drama" going on in my life right now, I was relieved to hear/see a bit of good news.
To recap we had a water leak. We had talked to the previous home owners to find out where the water line ran under the ground. When the plumber was digging he couldn't find the line where we thought it was. The only other place was under the nice blacktop driveway. We told him to go ahead and dig it up because it had to be fixed. While preparing to dig yesterday, the previous homeowner came over. After he and the plumber talked they decided to start where we knew the end was and dig backwards. Low and behold, when they started digging the line hadn't gone where the homeowners had thought. He almost dig up the driveway for no reason. So I was thrilled to come home and see that I still had a nice blacktop driveway around my house.
I'm still dealing with HFMD, birthday party stress, and fixing Gail's saddle (and now he wants to buy a new one). I have also added a new stress to the list that I won't add to this because I don't want to hurt any one's feelings. All I will say is that I think people think about their own lives and wants without thinking of the big picture and how it effects everyone else.
Until next time...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ummm, what is HFMD?

Rebecca - (I'm glad you're posting again. And I'm REALLY glad your driveway didn't get ruined!)

Nicole said...

Yeah for your driveway!!!! :) I'm glad it's ok!