Sunday, July 6, 2008

Birthday Party...

Most of you already know, but yesterday was my baby girl's first birthday party. I was stressed that it wouldn't be a perfect as I wanted it to me. My worries were getting done with dinner, gifts, cake and ice cream too early and people sitting around bored out of their minds while waiting for the fireworks. My sister also stressed me out that I didn't have enough stuff to keep the kids entertained. This was not what happened at all. Here is the breakdown...

We went to some family friends for the Fourth to eat, visit, and enjoy fireworks. We got home around 10:30 p.m. and I decided to start getting ready for the party by pealing and dicing 30 pounds of potatoes. (Crazy I know.) Some good friends of ours (Aaron and Dianna) were coming to the birthday party so they came down that night so they would be there to help us (me) prepare. Dianna helped me finish up the potatoes and then I decided it would be a good idea to start decorating. (Again, another crazy idea.) I hung up butterflies all over my living room, dining room, and kitchen. It looked like a butterfly wonderland. We also had a "Happy Birthday" banner. This all got finished at we all got to bed at 1:30 a.m. The next day (party day) I was up at 6:30 a.m. (5 hours of sleep) ready to go. I finished cleaning, started pealing veggies and cooking. Her birthday cake that was really stressing me out turned out to be very easy and it was so cute. I'll try to get a picture of up it. With all of the before preparations I had done the party day was really fun.

At the party, we had 43 people in my house and it wasn't crowded. I was surprised. That is the most people we have had in here at one time. The weather was gorgeous so many ate and played outside as well. Lydia got many terrific gifts. I would have to say her favorite (and mine) is the pink bug car that Gail and I got her. I swear she already knows how to drive. I put her in it and she got so excited she started turning the wheel, bouncing on the seat, and stepping on the foot peddle. It was so funny. Her cake was funny also. She didn't want to eat it at first. I held it up to her face and she licked it. Then she knew what to do. She ended up with blue icing all over her face, hands, and hair. That led to a bath. Afterwards, everyone sat around to visit and before I knew it - it was dark and they were starting fireworks. I just loved it. I hope next years goes as well.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like it was perfect! Now... let's see some pictures! Ü