Thursday, July 3, 2008

The First Official Day of Summer Vacation...

What a wonderful day it has been!! Lydia went to bed last night at 7:00 p.m. and didn't wake up until 7:30 a.m.. I was able to get a lot of stuff done. In the last week I have cleaned almost every square inch of my house to prepare for Lydia's party this weekend. It will be nice to start vacation with a clean house.

This morning we ate breakfast, played, danced around the living room in our pajamas to imaginary music, and had a blast. Then Lydia went down for a nap and I spent the entire 2 hours mowing the yard. We went to my sister's house for lunch. For some reason on that trip I remembered that I needed to get my driver's licence renewed. Woops!! They expired June 8th. I got that done while I was in town. Then we came home where Lydia took her second 2 hour nap and I went out to rake up the grass clippings. (This is not something I do often nor enjoy doing. However, they looked terrible and I want the yard to look nice for her birthday party.)

Now, I'm making my third batch of homemade vanilla ice cream for her party. I make the best homemade ice cream ever!!! Everyone said that I should just buy it because it's easier, but it isn't near as good. It's her first birthday and I want the food to be good. We are having burgers, hot dogs, chips and dip, mac and cheese, baked beans, Italian potatoes, veggie tray with dip, cake, ice cream, tea, and lemonade. I think this is enough food, but my husband's side of the family insists of bring more food. Whatever - I'm sure it will be eaten. There will be over 40 family members and close friends here. I got 60 burgers, 48 hot dogs, 30 pounds of potatoes, 12 cans of beans, and a ton of macaroni, Velveeta, and fresh veggies. I just hope it all tastes good. Wish me luck!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a good menu to me! I hope your party is everything you picture it to be! Please post pictures!