Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not Much to Say...

I've logged in several times over the past week, but haven't really had much to say. We really haven't been doing much lately.

We had friends, Aaron and Dianna, stay with us again this past weekend. Aaron talked Gail into a new project. He is now restoring a Farmall B tractor. It is unlike any tractor I've ever seen. I took a bunch of pictures of it as they worked on it. I should post them to my myspace page - maybe I'll do that later. Anyway, I'm hoping this new project will take at least a year or so. Some of the parts he needed were pretty expensive.

Tuesday Lydia had to go get her 1 year shots - sniff, sniff. She got her MMR and chickenpox shot. One in the arm and one in her tush. Her butt looked so small with that band aid on it. I hate when she has to get shots. I would rather eat my own arm off that to have her get them. There are two reasons why I worry so much. First, there is all of the concern about the shots leading to autism. I don't think the shots really lead to autism, but that is still in the back of my mind. Secondly, there are the other reactions from shots. On my husband's side of the family we have twin nieces who had terrible reactions to the MMR shot. There was mercury in the shot that poisoned their little bodies. As a result they couldn't walk, eat, talk, of breathe on their own. This happened when they were babies. Chelsea later died of a heart virus at age 10, and Lindsay is 14 today. Needless to say, I have my concerns. You ask - then why give her the shots. Well, I figure the risk is worth is to keep her healthy and from getting those medical diseases and conditions.

Thursday (today) we went and had a play date with a good friend of mine, Courtney. She has a little girl, Karlee, that is exactly 1 month older than Lydia. I'm hoping Lydia will learn how to drink out of a sippy cup better by playing with Karlee. Courtney hopes that Karlee will learn how to walk from Lydia. Today neither one learned very much. Karlee sat on the floor and smiled as she watched Lydia and Karlee's older brother run around the house and scream. Hopefully next time they will start teaching each other.

Speaking of Lydia drinking, she is drinking more now that the weather is warmer outside. She still uses her bottle most of the time, but she also takes a sippy cup at least once a day. She won't hold the bottle on her own. Every time I try to get her to do it she has a fit. The sippy cups I try to use for her have handles, but she hasn't figured them out very well yet. And, she doesn't swallow very well from the cups. I use the Nuby brand. I also have those take and toss cups that she does pretty well from. Does everyone have the same trouble when switching to the sippys or is it just me? Is there a better brand out there?

We are also planning our first trip to the library for this week. Is is silly to take a 1 year old to the library? Hopefully she won't go tearing the books off the shelf. That would not be good. I'll let you know how that goes.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

The library for a one year old is not silly at all! I don't think it's ever to young to learn to love books.

Are you still not able to post pictures here?