Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm Still Alive

No need to fear, I'm still alive and well. This may be confusing to you because you don't know the story yet, so let me fill you in. A couple of friends of ours and my parents went out to eat with us at the Catfish Place in Arbela, Missouri yesterday. The Catfish Place is a place that I have been going my entire life. I grew up literally 3 miles from there. And yes they do serve more than just fish even though Aaron (one of our friends) gave me a really hard time about it. Anyway, after eating we fed the fish. Lydia liked watching the huge fish just up and splash. Then my parents left. We decided to do some of the fun stuff they have there. There is a little play area where we went swinging, shot hoops, played on the merry-go-round, road the statue animals, and walked across the walking bridge to the island. If was a lot of fun. I wanted to go for a ride in the paddle boats - this was the first mistake. I went a paid and Dianna (other friend) started on our ride around the big pond. Right after we started I told her that a little water was coming in by my feet. We didn't worry too much about it and continued on our way. Not too long after that I told her that my foot pedal was starting to rub on the side of the boat making it hard to turn. At this time more water was coming in. We should have gone back to the shore now, but kept going. Soon after that my pedal came off completely!! That's right, the entire thing came off, water coming in, and I freaked out. Dianna has a really bad ankle so she could hardly pedal on her own. This really scared me. I started yelling for Gail and Aaron to go and get some help because we were in trouble. They just stood there. Finally we made it back to the dock. My pants were soaked, but at least I didn't have to swim back to shore. FYI - I don't swim very well. At the end of the day: I was still alive, we had good food, and we were able to make a good memory with some dear friends.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh my! I'm glad you're ok!