Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I'll do a gift bag if it's just to awkward to wrap, but not usually.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I'm all about artificial. We had a real tree one year when I was little and I had the job of cleaning up the needles. I wasn't good at it then and don't want to do it now. The one we have Gail got for me our first Christmas as a married couple. It is pretty.

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend or the weekend before. Thanksgiving is so last this year that I may put it up tomorrow.

4. When do you take the tree down? Before school starts back

5. Do you like eggnog? Never tried it and really don't want to.

6. Favorite gift as a child? I got a little radio one year and I thought I was HOT STUFF!! I would steal batteries from other places and walk around with it on my shoulder. I was such a dork!!!

7. Easiest person to buy for? Lydia. She likes everything and too little to have an opinion yet.

8. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Each year I get Lydia a new pair of pajamas that we open on Christmas Eve. That way she is wearing nice new pajamas for Christmas pictures. I read it somewhere and thought is was a good idea. Feel free to steal it if you want to.

9. Do you have a Nativity scene? I bought one several years ago at Dollar Tree. (Don't laugh.) It is actually really cute and won't break.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail and hand them out.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember any bad ones. We were happy just to get whatever we got.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is an all time favorite. I also like the classics like Frost and Rudolf.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually get some books at the BOGO free book fair in the spring at my school. The summer is when I get my list made and start getting the rest. I also one to add that I bought my last gift this morning before school (2 dog collars and a gift basket). I'M DONE!!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Are you kidding. I'm a teacher who can only use so many coffee cups, candles, and bottles of lotion. I recycle all the time.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandma makes these fried cake things that are wonderful. She tried to get me to take over making them one year because I'm the only one who likes them. However, I have yet to start. I don't think I can make them as good and why mess with perfection?

16. Lights on the tree? Clear on my big tree, Lydia's tree, and two other small trees that I have. I bought some more little trees last year that I want to put colored on this year.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Any that I remember the words to.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? The weekend before is Christmas at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. Christmas morning is at home then we usually go to my parent's house. This year my brother-in-law has to work so we'll have it the day after. Gail's mom never decides when to have Christmas. I refuse to figure it out either. We typically just wait for the phone call to come over.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Sure can! Just ask me!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Last year I had a cowboy hat on top of my tree. Now I have a star to put on top.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That Christmas isn't even here and I've already see Valentine's stuff out, that kids get really hyper and don't want to listen in school, that people are rude, and the cold weather.

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? I like my western style trees and the ornaments that Lydia made last year at the sitters.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Noodles and mashed potatoes

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I got a vacuum and a food chopper (things I needed). I want a new phone for the house (ours is hard to hear on) and for Lydia to have fun.

26. Santa packages wrapped or unwrapped????? When I was little it was just the same paper. We never thought about it. Last year with Lydia we just used the same paper. This year I got pretty Tinker Bell paper to use.

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

i love the idea of the cowboy hat on top of the tree. we do a tree for the boys. we have a bunch of hunting ornaments. i would love for bronson to have his "own" tree with cowboy stuff on it. i may have to steal your cowboy hat idea:) thanks!