Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sniff, Sniff

I consider myself luck to not have many night activities for my job. I teach an after school homework help class, but that it just a couple nights a week that I've signed up to do. Other than that we only have a few after school required events. One such event is the Fourth Grade Music and Art Program. This event is being held tonight. Why and I talking about it you ask? Well here it is: The program doesn't start until 7:30. Only lasts 30 minutes (thank you!!). Then we have to wait until the kids with their parents before we can head out. I won't be able to leave until pushing 8:30 and won't get home almost 9:00. Lydia will be fast asleep by that time. So this morning when I told her good bye at the sitters (after only seeing her for about 30 minutes) and also had to tell her good night because I won't see her until tomorrow morning. Sniff, sniff. Makes me wish that I worked closer to home so that I could go home on nights like this.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i understand. the days i go to curves in the morning i don't see my kids until i pick them up after work. i miss them like crazy on those days!

Andrea Frederick said...

i'm thankful I can just run home, but then again it's a mess anyway. glad you don't have to do this often!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

yuck...i totally understand. i hate staying after work--even when its something you sign up for it always sounds like a better idea at the time than it really turns out to be!