Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bunco/Life Update...

Sorry I haven't e-mailed anyone back yet, but imagine that Mark Twain Internet Service is not working. I know I hear all the gasps of shock coming from everyone. Especially Andrea!! I can only check this Blog and my school e-mail address (dmelvin@kirksville.k12.mo.us) from school. I remember that Jen was going to let me use her table and chairs, Bree was bring strawberries, Andrea was bringing homemade ice cream, Darla is bringing baked beans, and someone was going to bring fried chicken. Hopefully I can check my e-mail soon and will be able to see what everyone else is going to bring.

On another note, I have completed 9 days of summer school - 13 more!! I've been getting things prepared for Lydia's birthday party on July 4th. I can't believe the little turkey is going to be 2!! She also started new things last night. My niece teaches her funny things that I'm sure later I'll regret, but it's cute now. Ashley will look at her and say, "You're not nice". Lydia will respond, "No, you na nice." It was so funny to watch them "argue" last night. Darla has been watching her while I work at summer school and she LOVES her Aunt Deedee. While at summer school I've been doing some pre-school preparation work. I have my planned book all filled in with the dates (very time consuming), planned math for all year, Language and Spelling for the first 5 weeks, and Social Studies for the first nine weeks. All of those copies are done also. I could go ahead and plan more, but I'd just have to make changes later. So I've been a busy little bee in just 9 days. It makes coming back so much easier with Lydia so we can be in my room and not stuck in the work room. Ok, I've got to get off here so we can use the smart board.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

OH my, what a worker you are....I'm sure you'll appreciate it later! Can't wait for Bunco....Fried chicken? YES!!!