Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Results...

The results of the garage sale were pretty good. I owed Darla $44 (actually $42 because I had bought her something that costs $2 somewhere) and I ended the day with a profit of $1. I was thrilled that I was able to pay her. I traded a bunch of clothing that either didn't fit her or she didn't wear in for ones that will. The entire concept of a garage sale is wonderful. I also spent $13 at another garage sale so I actually didn't make any money. Darla (AKA garage sale queen) made a lot of money. I swear that she could sell rocks and dirt and would still make money at a garage sale. Before the garage sale even started on Friday she had sold over $100.

I got the cake done for Erin. It looked really neat on Friday night when I got it finished. However, with all of the humidity the icing started melting off on Saturday. It still looked alright, but I was disappointed in it. I hope is looked good for the shower and didn't fall apart too much.

The rest of my weekend was crazy!! Lydia's schedule is way messed up with the summer. She took a nap from 1:30 until 5:00 on Saturday afternoon. She played outside all morning at the garage sale (and was wonderful) so she was really tired. I got the yard mowed and took a shower all while she was sleeping!! That never happens. Usually I'll get the yard mowed and start heading for the shower when she wakes up. I think she knows what's going on. Anyway, after I got cleaned up we went to Meme's (Gail's mom's) house with a cake I had made. She played with her cousins, played outside, and went to the pasture to feed the cows. She had a blast. Meme had fixed supper. I fixed Lydia a plate of a roll, bacon, and melon. While we were all eating she got choked (really choked) on the bacon. Gail pulled her out of the high chair, flipped her on her tummy, and started pounding on her back. Gretchen (my sister-in-law) reached in her mouth and was eventually able to pull the bacon out. I was SCARED!! If Lydia hadn't turned it into a big joke I would have broke out in tears. After we got her settled back into the chair she started "choking again". We all looked at her and then she started laughing!! I hope it never NEVER happens again.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

choking always scares me too. glad it all turned out ok.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

kids can be such stinkers! glad she was alright!