Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Little Graces at Work (School)...

I decided to post 5 little things at work that make my day better.

1. The facts that I have an e-mints classroom makes inside recess MUCH better.

2. I have an entire class set of "Stacking Madness" cups from summer school. (Worth about $400.) Those that don't get on the computer like to see how tall they can build a tower before it falls to the ground. They've had it all the way to the ceiling before and then it crashed - pretty neat.

3. Ordering food for a coworkers birthday and having it delivered for lunch. I really treasure this because in a small town (Lancaster and Memphis) there is no delivery.

4. Those students who are always doing what they are to do and hardly every have to be asked to settle down.

5. And I even enjoy those students who do have to be asked to settle down several times a day because they have great personalities and I find them truly funny. Even though sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out because of them.

This leads me to a funny story. I had a student that wasn't doing the math problem one day. I looked at him and said, "BLANK, work it." He replied, "Work it, OK" and started doing disco moves. The entire class busted out laughing. It was too funny!!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

lol! that is too funny. you couldn't be mad at him for that huh?!

i am still laughing.....

Andrea Frederick said...

oh......the life of a teacher! I love those ornery ones too, even if things are much quieter on the days they are sick!