Monday, January 5, 2009

First Blog of 2009...

I had wanted this blog entry to be something inspirational or brilliant, but it's not. Sorry to disappoint you. I had a WONDERFUL Christmas break full of visiting family, playing, sleeping in, and all of that other fun stuff. Now it is back to the real world. Not that I cringe at the thought of returning (I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea), but I just feel really overwhelmed. Usually I just go back, take down the tree, make a few copies, and tada - TEACH. Today was not like that at all. We got beautiful new cabinets in our hallways that we had to fill and organize, which led me to clean and organize the cabinets in my classroom, which led me to clean almost every surface in my classroom, which put all of that other back to school stuff on hold for a little while. I was able to get some productive planning done with fellow teachers and feel great about that. Now it is 9:40 and I have a half empty plan book and 24 kiddos coming early in the morning. And what do I do, BLOG!! Think I'm be productive now? Nope, I'm heading to bed with a book. I'll wing it tomorrow

Until next time.

2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Winging it is the best kind of teaching...I had to take 1/2 day off on my first day back!

Bree Shaw said...

i was going to say the same thing! dang you andrea:) anyhow, i agree winging it seems to always turn out better than had you planned something. hope it went well:)